As you can tell, I am not a beauty blogger. I don’t have any beauty hacks for you, I don’t know anything about fashion, and I wouldn’t consider ‘beauty’ to be an important factor in my daily life. However, I feel honoured to have been nominated by TheTeeKayTake blog to participate in the Beauty Blogger Tag, so I figured I would give it a shot!
The rules for this tag…
- Tag the blogger that nominated you
- Answer the questions you were given
- Nominate 10 bloggers whose blog is about beauty/lifestyle/fashion
- Mention 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Inform the bloggers you chose that you nominated them
What is your go-to hairstyle?
My hair is getting quite long now so I tend to put it up in two plaits, or leave it loose in waves (created by the plaits).
How often do you wear makeup?
Not very often- usually only at the weekend or if I have a smart event to go to. I definitely feel more relaxed and less self conscious when I don’t have to worry about wearing makeup.
What is your favourite song/artist/album?
Who is your favourite blogger and/or YouTuber?
I don’t follow blogs religiously but YouTube is another matter… I’ll just list a few of my most recent obsessions, though: Daz Games (I find Daz’s ‘react’ style videos hilarious), How To Cake It (Yolanda’s extreme baking videos are fun to watch and give me cake decorating ideas), Soul Pancake (they’ve just started a series called ‘New Age Creators’ hosted by young creators my age, and I find them very inspiring/relatable), and The Scran Line (I might just throw out all my recipes because Nick’s cupcakes and macarons look insane).
Why did you start your blog?
When I was in Year 10, baking was my life and all I wanted to do was leave school to open a cupcake bakery! My parents obviously wouldn’t let me, so I decided to set up a baking blog to at least share my recipes with the world until I had the means to put myself out there on a larger scale. I actually only started posting recipes fairly recently (despite the thousands of cupcake photos clogging up my parents’ computer) because there are other things that I have to contribute to this online creative portfolio of mine.
What are your favourite brands to recommend for makeup?
The main brands I use are ‘Bobbi Brown’ (which is great for skin care products) and ‘Benefit’ (the ‘That Gal’ primer and ‘They’re Real’ mascara are my staples). I would also recommend clear mascara from ‘The Body Shop’ and the ‘Miss Sporty’ eyeliner pencils as makeup bag must-haves.
Out of cake/ ice cream/ chocolates, what do you prefer?
Cake. Always cake. If you want to make me happy, cake is all it takes.
What is your favourite beauty tip ever?
Who is your celebrity style icon?
I think Kate Middleton comes across as a stylish and classy lady; she also has some lovely outfits that I wouldn’t mind borrowing…
What are your favourite TV shows?
‘Come Fly With Me’ is my all-time favourite, but I’m currently into ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ and I love all the quirky documentaries that pop up on TLC or Channel 4!
(1) Have you had any disasters with beauty products?
(2) If you could dye your hair any colour of the rainbow (non-permanently), what would you choose?
(3) What makes you feel beautiful?
(4) How would you describe your style?
(5) Do you have any beauty tips for travel?
(6) What is your advice for the next generation?
(7) What is your motivation to blog?
(8) What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
(9) What is your favourite cake flavour?
(10) If you could swap lives with a celebrity for a day, whose life would you want to experience?